Skip to main content

You Are Not Alone

I had a brief encounter recently where someone shared how deep their hurt is and that no one else has had such a painful existence as they. I took the opportunity to express that we all go through hard times. Life has its ups and downs and no one is exempt. Some of the painful times are harder than others but learning how to handle it and how to rise above it is what sets some people apart. Those who look like they have it all together have only learned how to get up and get going, moving past the circumstance, and do what needs done. 

Sometimes pain can envelop your mind and you can't see past the storm, but you are not alone. The Bible is full of people who experienced pain like yours and worse. 

That is one reason we have the Bible. So we can read it and learn from it. 

The painful times, the trials, the rejection, the rumors, the hard times of life...God uses these times to make us stronger if we will let Him. Sometimes the biggest lessons come from the most painful times.

There were times in my own life when I felt the world was against me. We ministered in several difficult churches and there were days I wanted to walk away from ministry and have nothing to do with church people or the church. I've even expressed to my husband that when he retires I don't think I want to go to church anymore. Because people are cruel. 

However, if I had not gone through those times I wouldn't have the insight I now own. I wouldn't have the backbone to say what needs to be said. I wouldn't have the wisdom that reminds me to not say some things. I wouldn't have the freedom to be myself because I would still be caught up in trying to please everyone.

You are not alone. We have all been there. You will get through this.
Get out your Bible and start reading.
Read about Job. If anyone had reason to be in misery he did, but he never lost faith in God.
Read the Psalms, they are eye opening.
Every hero of the Bible went through difficult times.
And you will too.

It's part of life but you will make it through if you learn to trust in the Lord in every area of your life.

Pray for wisdom. Pray for peace in your thoughts. Pray for guidance.
Pray for discernment. Pray for joy.

He will provide it all. Maybe not today, but be patient in the trial.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Not A Blessing if you Had to Sin to Get it

Pretty strong words but also very true. I once heard a man say his girlfriend was, "A gift from God."  Except she wasn't because she was still married to someone else. Glenn wiggled in and turned her head and snatched her away from her husband and children. How dare he think God had anything to do with that. He doesn't work that way. If you want His blessings then you need to walk closely with Him. He will never bless sin. He can't. He is unable to. Sin is what separates us from God.  Glenn may think he is living a blessed life as he runs on emotions and feelings but nothing like this will prosper. In the end it will lead to destruction.  It already has. The family he destroyed will never be the same. 

Front Row Seat

  If you've been around me any length of time, you'll know I love having a front row seat when possible. Church. Concerts. Comedy shows. Auctions. I want to be front and center, where the action is, so I don't get distracted and miss something. I want to be part of the event and front is where it's at.  Lately I've had a front row seat to some things that I wish I could unsee. My mother's Alzheimer's diagnosis and the last year and a half of watching her slow and steady decline into a world of unknowns has taken a toll.  I tend to hold every emotion inside. Always have. I've learned -these past fifteen months or so- that this is bad for my health. Stress levels are impacting how I feel. Palpitations, and a diagnosis of "harmless" PACs, have left me trying to manage this stress. It's gotten easier but, I'll admit, I still have things shoved down inside. And then along came CDH. A diagnosis I'd not heard of before it was given to gran

Selling items on Craigslist and common scams

I'm selling a couple of things on Craigslist. I've done this a few times before and always, the first interested parties I hear from are scammers. This time in my listing I specified that I will not take money orders and asked that scammers not contact me. Here's the first interested party that I heard from: mr robins journeycristina@gmail.com Is it still available for sale... I replied: Yes it is. Here's the second contact from the first interested party. Note that the name of the sender and the email of the sender are different than the ones from the first contact: Clyde Wright fisherr.mattyy@gmail.com Hello, Thanks for the swift response, just to let you know that am okay with the condition and price of the item, am ready for its purchase and my form of payment will be by sending you Check via UPS next day delivery. I'll be responsible for the pick-up and the pick up money will be included in your payment to avoid delay and to enable pick up company to s