Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Yesterday...seems so far away

I'm so glad yesterday is over. I set aside the entire day to work on something very special.
Heart-shaped ravioli's for Valentines Day.
I mixed up the freezing cold meat filling by hand (left the water running on lukewarm so I could warm them up when they started to numb), made the dough myself, rolled it out, used a cute little heart cookie cutter to cut them out, filled them by hand, pinched the edges and then sealed them with a fork, tossed them in the freezer and then started the process all over again.

I made a nice batch of the heart ones for tomorrow and the rest I made into regular ravioli shape. 

I also did other housework, but the ravioli took up most of the day. When dinner time rolled around the last thing I wanted to do was cook, but I threw together a chicken curry vegetable soup with everything that was left in the fridge from last week's grocery trip. It was one of the best pots of soup I ever made. I need to go back and write down what I did so I can replicate it.

I'm so excited to serve this meal tomorrow night. Having chocolate pasta with a chocolate hazelnut sauce and fresh raspberries for dessert. I'll try to remember to take pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see your photos. Sounds just delicious! Happy Valentine's Day you you and your hubby. You are loved!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spammers and mean people.