Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Tales from Vacation 2015: The Final Day Sunday


 All good things must come to an end. We woke up Sunday morning and said farewell to our friends. So sad.

On our drive home from Williamsburg we stopped in Winchester, VA for lunch and to walk around a little bit. Anyone else think it's awful just sitting in a car all day long? 


I found this restaurant to stop at. La Nicoise Cafe




I ordered some hot tea. There is just nothing like tea to me. You coffee people can have your coffee. I just want tea.

The man had a crepe. He said it was good, just not very filling. It is kinda small.

I had my favorite meal: chicken salad. Seriously, I could eat this every day.
What made me laugh about this restaurant was that the dining room was split in two, the left side is where the customers all sat, the right side was empty tables (empty from customers) but the tables were full of stuff. One was simply overflowing with cookbooks. Thankfully I saw this after we ate. Ha!
Love the name of this salon in town.

Winchester might be my new favorite place to visit. They have an "old town" with a street blocked off from drivers. You can walk up and down the few blocks, shop, eat, and drink. 


This cracked me up. Tacos al Pastor. Too bad the man had already  had lunch. I would've gotten the pastor the pastoral tacos.


The buildings were just beautiful
Ice cream shop. It was closed, much to the chagrin of the man.



We did stop at this coffee shop before heading home. They had chai. It made me happy.


I really need to go back to this town and explore some more. Perhaps when it warms up a bit.

There was even a dude singing in the street. Just him and his guitar. If you are looking for a nice place to get away to for a night or two then I recommend Winchester, VA. Lovely little place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated due to spammers and mean people.