Skip to main content

Things I Don't Want for Christmas

 I had a few minutes to waste so I went into a local department store to browse. I saw these gloves and almost burst out laughing. And then it hit me, why not do a blog post on things I don't want for Christmas. So here it is, I'm sure I could find many more examples but I only had about half an hour to waste this afternoon.
I don't want cat or dog gloves. Nor do I want any thing that is Vera or that resembles Vera like the above bags.

These sunglasses. Ick.

Anything Justin Bieber, especially a fragrance with his name on it.

Whose brilliant idea was it to make women's bathrobes with cows and hippos? Because we women usually feel pretty fat several days of the month anyway. What woman wants to wear either of these?

These don't really need an explanation. Actually, I wish someone would explain them to me. Just tell me why.

Anything Alfred Dunner. Enough said.

Comments

  1. Your Alfred Dunner plush robe can't be returned - I cut the tags off and ate ice cream in it. (sorry). It comes with matching corn removers/toe separators - but you know its the thought that counts right? **sheepish look**

    ReplyDelete
  2. OmG.... MnM's comment. We could be friends. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Selling items on Craigslist and common scams

I'm selling a couple of things on Craigslist. I've done this a few times before and always, the first interested parties I hear from are scammers. This time in my listing I specified that I will not take money orders and asked that scammers not contact me. Here's the first interested party that I heard from: mr robins journeycristina@gmail.com Is it still available for sale... I replied: Yes it is. Here's the second contact from the first interested party. Note that the name of the sender and the email of the sender are different than the ones from the first contact: Clyde Wright fisherr.mattyy@gmail.com Hello, Thanks for the swift response, just to let you know that am okay with the condition and price of the item, am ready for its purchase and my form of payment will be by sending you Check via UPS next day delivery. I'll be responsible for the pick-up and the pick up money will be included in your payment to avoid delay and to enable pick up company to s...

The Tool Box

I can hear my husband clanging tools around in the garage. He's going through his twenty-four year collection and putting together a tool box for our twenty-two year old son.  Gulp. When did we become parents of an adult who is able to move out and live on his own? He's coming home tomorrow to collect the furniture he's chosen from our house and some other things. He's been gone for a few years but has always come home for summer and holidays. This time it's permanent. There won't be any more summers at home. I won't have to tiptoe around while he's still sleeping. I won't have to chase him out of the shower because he's been in there for a very long time. I won't have to buy Cooper cheese or boxes of Macaroni & Cheese anymore.  The tool box Wayne is putting together for him will last him many years. He'll hang pictures, tighten bolts, and fix small accidents with it. It'll stay by his side as he begins new chapters...

choose your own way

While I was being a good wife this morning, completing the one task my husband asked of me (using the squeegee thing to push melting snow and ice out of the garage after he left for work), I had time to think about life and all of it's stuff. I haven't had time to think or write much over the past year due to life, but I have a few moments now....so let's think.  We live.  We die.  We go to heaven or hell. That's the cycle for each of us. But it's our choice. We decide in advance where we will spend eternity. I am woefully tired of the  They are partying in heaven together posts each time a celebrity dies.  Because they probably aren't. As Christians, we trust the Bible is true. If we read it and believe then we know, by their fruit, if someone has a relationship with the Lord. Not by how funny they were or how loved they were or even by how kind they seemed to be. Their influence doesn't matter. Their popularity doesn't matter. In the end, all that mat...