Skip to main content

Guarding Your Marriage: That Woman

We've discussed that creepy feeling that you get from a man. Now let's discuss that feeling that you get from another woman.
Girls, be alert, there are women out there checking out your husband. Some look once and move on but others have more in mind.

This tends to happen with people in ministry positions. I keep a careful eye on who gets close to my husband.

Several years ago I watched a young woman approach him for prayer, he put his hands on her shoulders to pray for her and she placed her hands on his sides, at his middle. It was odd and inappropriate, his body is not for anyone to touch but me.

It's mine. 
I walked up and stood behind him and took both of her hands in mine and held them while he prayed.

I've gotten used to many women hugging him, most of them don't mean anything by it and it doesn't bother me, but there's always one who gives you a feeling.

Listen to that feeling. And tell him who it is that is giving you that feeling. He will usually reply by looking at you like you're crazy, but call it women's intuition or discernment, I'm pretty much dead-on with these things.

And you know what? It doesn't matter to me what he thinks, what anyone thinks, about that feeling that I get. My marriage is worth being on guard for and in this age of disposable nuptials I am proud that we've made it 23 years.

Here's to another 23.

And don't forget:



 

Comments

  1. Amen!! Good article! We care for and watch over that which we cherish.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Selling items on Craigslist and common scams

I'm selling a couple of things on Craigslist. I've done this a few times before and always, the first interested parties I hear from are scammers. This time in my listing I specified that I will not take money orders and asked that scammers not contact me. Here's the first interested party that I heard from: mr robins journeycristina@gmail.com Is it still available for sale... I replied: Yes it is. Here's the second contact from the first interested party. Note that the name of the sender and the email of the sender are different than the ones from the first contact: Clyde Wright fisherr.mattyy@gmail.com Hello, Thanks for the swift response, just to let you know that am okay with the condition and price of the item, am ready for its purchase and my form of payment will be by sending you Check via UPS next day delivery. I'll be responsible for the pick-up and the pick up money will be included in your payment to avoid delay and to enable pick up company to s...

The Tool Box

I can hear my husband clanging tools around in the garage. He's going through his twenty-four year collection and putting together a tool box for our twenty-two year old son.  Gulp. When did we become parents of an adult who is able to move out and live on his own? He's coming home tomorrow to collect the furniture he's chosen from our house and some other things. He's been gone for a few years but has always come home for summer and holidays. This time it's permanent. There won't be any more summers at home. I won't have to tiptoe around while he's still sleeping. I won't have to chase him out of the shower because he's been in there for a very long time. I won't have to buy Cooper cheese or boxes of Macaroni & Cheese anymore.  The tool box Wayne is putting together for him will last him many years. He'll hang pictures, tighten bolts, and fix small accidents with it. It'll stay by his side as he begins new chapters...

Sweet Zoey

 Zoey - August 10, 2020 When we found her I didn't realize I needed her. Sure, she needed us, she was living in woods, alone, surviving on whatever she could find. She was nine months old, the vet later told me when I took her in for a check-up, still unsure I wanted to keep this undernourished mutt. We'd been on vacation in southwest Missouri, near the Arkansas border, in the middle of the woods. I was on the porch when I saw her trotting down the dirt road. A little brown dog. I whistled and she stopped to look at me from across the lawn. Then she continued on her way. Later that night, the family was watching a movie we'd brought (no cable service out there!) and suddenly this furry face popped up in the window, scaring my husband out of his seat. We fed her some people food and went to bed.  She was still there in the morning. We asked around and no one knew where she came from. We fed her some more and she stayed. The next day we went and bought some dog food, f...