Skip to main content

How to Destroy Your 2015

 Wise words from a friend of mine. I asked permission to share with you all.



Everyone has posted their New Year's Resolutions. Let's mix it up as I share with you 10 exciting things you can do to destroy your 2015...
1 - Get more in debt. Purchase things you don't need with money you don't have. Sleep on the bed that belongs to Visa, fully insure that brand new car since the dealer technically owns it. Wear those spring clothes that you will pay off in the summer when you want more. Sounds exciting! 

2 - Find something to get addicted to. Drink it, watch it, eat it, get obsessed with it. Perhaps something more subtle like video games, caffeine, working out or people pleasing. Walk around with a forced smile on your face because things are so out of control!

3 - Stop reading your Bible, pray inconsistently and ignore the still small voice of the Holy Spirit. I understand that you are really busy and it will all work out at the end of the day anyway, right? 

4 - Watch and read the news all the time. Start and end your day with it. It's exciting, encouraging, inspirational and always 100% true! 

5 - Continue to think you're entitled. It's a way of life and it is what it is. You are an American and deserve it! 

6 - Remind yourself each day that *your* child is the exception. They're the best and brightest; they never mess up, always tell you the truth and do the right thing! 

7 - Believe that going through the motions at church will be produce transformation in you, in your community, in your region and in our nation. Subscribe to the plop, pray, pay philosophy! 

8 - Place your hope, confidence and trust in political leaders and systems. They are the true agents of change in our world today and are doing an excellent job!

9 - Do life alone. Live in isolation. Have no deep and meaningful relationships. It's the safest way to avoid being hurt, isn't it? 

10 - Pursue the American dream and fall in love with the things of this world. Spend every ounce of your time, talent and treasure climbing the ladder of earthly success and live life with no sense of eternity in mind.

written by Pastor Zac McDonald 

Pastor Zac was a teenager in our youth group in the early 90s when Wayne was a youth pastor. He was one of "our kids" and now has three beautiful children with another due to arrive very soon. Making me feel old.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Selling items on Craigslist and common scams

I'm selling a couple of things on Craigslist. I've done this a few times before and always, the first interested parties I hear from are scammers. This time in my listing I specified that I will not take money orders and asked that scammers not contact me. Here's the first interested party that I heard from: mr robins journeycristina@gmail.com Is it still available for sale... I replied: Yes it is. Here's the second contact from the first interested party. Note that the name of the sender and the email of the sender are different than the ones from the first contact: Clyde Wright fisherr.mattyy@gmail.com Hello, Thanks for the swift response, just to let you know that am okay with the condition and price of the item, am ready for its purchase and my form of payment will be by sending you Check via UPS next day delivery. I'll be responsible for the pick-up and the pick up money will be included in your payment to avoid delay and to enable pick up company to s...

The Tool Box

I can hear my husband clanging tools around in the garage. He's going through his twenty-four year collection and putting together a tool box for our twenty-two year old son.  Gulp. When did we become parents of an adult who is able to move out and live on his own? He's coming home tomorrow to collect the furniture he's chosen from our house and some other things. He's been gone for a few years but has always come home for summer and holidays. This time it's permanent. There won't be any more summers at home. I won't have to tiptoe around while he's still sleeping. I won't have to chase him out of the shower because he's been in there for a very long time. I won't have to buy Cooper cheese or boxes of Macaroni & Cheese anymore.  The tool box Wayne is putting together for him will last him many years. He'll hang pictures, tighten bolts, and fix small accidents with it. It'll stay by his side as he begins new chapters...

Sweet Zoey

 Zoey - August 10, 2020 When we found her I didn't realize I needed her. Sure, she needed us, she was living in woods, alone, surviving on whatever she could find. She was nine months old, the vet later told me when I took her in for a check-up, still unsure I wanted to keep this undernourished mutt. We'd been on vacation in southwest Missouri, near the Arkansas border, in the middle of the woods. I was on the porch when I saw her trotting down the dirt road. A little brown dog. I whistled and she stopped to look at me from across the lawn. Then she continued on her way. Later that night, the family was watching a movie we'd brought (no cable service out there!) and suddenly this furry face popped up in the window, scaring my husband out of his seat. We fed her some people food and went to bed.  She was still there in the morning. We asked around and no one knew where she came from. We fed her some more and she stayed. The next day we went and bought some dog food, f...