Skip to main content

Do You Have a Dog?

I'm of the opinion that dogs are superior to cats. Many reasons for this, the most important being: people matter to their dogs.

When you walk into a room, your dog lights up. He is genuinely happy to see you. Beyond that, you have seemed to change his life.

My dog has taken a liking to being under my bed, which is funny because she really doesn't fit under there. When she goes under you can hear her clawing away at the carpet to move her body between the bed and floor. She barely makes it.

But once she's under there there is no getting her out. You may be able to bribe her with a treat but she's generally under there until she gets over whatever set her to retreat to that safe place.

The thing is, when someone comes home when she's under there she gives herself away. Her tail starts wagging. She can't control her back half. She is always happy to see us.

My husband arrived home late last night after some football game and I was in bed and she was under bed. Thump, thump, thump. I'm fairly certain she knew he was home before I did. Thump, thump, thump. Her tail started quietly hitting the floor and then picked up in both speed and volume. 

As he walked up the stairs it was like listening to the applause at a concert. She didn't stop until he bent down to peek at her.

Dogs are great. I think every person should own a dog once in their lives. To be able to experience true acceptance. No matter how bad your day has been your dog thinks you're the best person ever.

They love unconditionally. She is happy to see me whether I'm dressed up with full hair and makeup or if I'm a sweaty mess and just off of the treadmill. She thinks I'm the best.

I'm pretty sure she's the best too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Selling items on Craigslist and common scams

I'm selling a couple of things on Craigslist. I've done this a few times before and always, the first interested parties I hear from are scammers. This time in my listing I specified that I will not take money orders and asked that scammers not contact me. Here's the first interested party that I heard from: mr robins journeycristina@gmail.com Is it still available for sale... I replied: Yes it is. Here's the second contact from the first interested party. Note that the name of the sender and the email of the sender are different than the ones from the first contact: Clyde Wright fisherr.mattyy@gmail.com Hello, Thanks for the swift response, just to let you know that am okay with the condition and price of the item, am ready for its purchase and my form of payment will be by sending you Check via UPS next day delivery. I'll be responsible for the pick-up and the pick up money will be included in your payment to avoid delay and to enable pick up company to s...

The Tool Box

I can hear my husband clanging tools around in the garage. He's going through his twenty-four year collection and putting together a tool box for our twenty-two year old son.  Gulp. When did we become parents of an adult who is able to move out and live on his own? He's coming home tomorrow to collect the furniture he's chosen from our house and some other things. He's been gone for a few years but has always come home for summer and holidays. This time it's permanent. There won't be any more summers at home. I won't have to tiptoe around while he's still sleeping. I won't have to chase him out of the shower because he's been in there for a very long time. I won't have to buy Cooper cheese or boxes of Macaroni & Cheese anymore.  The tool box Wayne is putting together for him will last him many years. He'll hang pictures, tighten bolts, and fix small accidents with it. It'll stay by his side as he begins new chapters...

Sweet Zoey

 Zoey - August 10, 2020 When we found her I didn't realize I needed her. Sure, she needed us, she was living in woods, alone, surviving on whatever she could find. She was nine months old, the vet later told me when I took her in for a check-up, still unsure I wanted to keep this undernourished mutt. We'd been on vacation in southwest Missouri, near the Arkansas border, in the middle of the woods. I was on the porch when I saw her trotting down the dirt road. A little brown dog. I whistled and she stopped to look at me from across the lawn. Then she continued on her way. Later that night, the family was watching a movie we'd brought (no cable service out there!) and suddenly this furry face popped up in the window, scaring my husband out of his seat. We fed her some people food and went to bed.  She was still there in the morning. We asked around and no one knew where she came from. We fed her some more and she stayed. The next day we went and bought some dog food, f...