Skip to main content

Christians

We take communion and attend church. We do our duty. We walk the straight and narrow. We set ourselves apart. We quote John 3:16. 

It is the mostimportantverseintheBible after all. 


But we never look at John 3:17
"For God did not send His son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him." (NIV)

Jesus didn't condemn people. He was kind to them. He met them where they were and ministered to them. Without being rude. Without name-calling. Without looking down at them.

Jesus doesn't call us by our sin. He calls us by name.

Why do we think it's okay to call people by their sin? Why do we label them and lump them into groups?


See them. Look into their eyes.
What do you see?

Anger
Hate
Hurt

What happened to make them this way?

Put a little love in your heart.

When you call names or label someone you are lowering yourself to the level of the enemy. He is the accuser. He is the name caller. He is rude.

They have a name and a need to know someone cares.

Be kind. Your kindness may be the only Jesus they see.

If we are meant to be like Christ then we better start acting like it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Selling items on Craigslist and common scams

I'm selling a couple of things on Craigslist. I've done this a few times before and always, the first interested parties I hear from are scammers. This time in my listing I specified that I will not take money orders and asked that scammers not contact me. Here's the first interested party that I heard from: mr robins journeycristina@gmail.com Is it still available for sale... I replied: Yes it is. Here's the second contact from the first interested party. Note that the name of the sender and the email of the sender are different than the ones from the first contact: Clyde Wright fisherr.mattyy@gmail.com Hello, Thanks for the swift response, just to let you know that am okay with the condition and price of the item, am ready for its purchase and my form of payment will be by sending you Check via UPS next day delivery. I'll be responsible for the pick-up and the pick up money will be included in your payment to avoid delay and to enable pick up company to s...

The Tool Box

I can hear my husband clanging tools around in the garage. He's going through his twenty-four year collection and putting together a tool box for our twenty-two year old son.  Gulp. When did we become parents of an adult who is able to move out and live on his own? He's coming home tomorrow to collect the furniture he's chosen from our house and some other things. He's been gone for a few years but has always come home for summer and holidays. This time it's permanent. There won't be any more summers at home. I won't have to tiptoe around while he's still sleeping. I won't have to chase him out of the shower because he's been in there for a very long time. I won't have to buy Cooper cheese or boxes of Macaroni & Cheese anymore.  The tool box Wayne is putting together for him will last him many years. He'll hang pictures, tighten bolts, and fix small accidents with it. It'll stay by his side as he begins new chapters...

Sweet Zoey

 Zoey - August 10, 2020 When we found her I didn't realize I needed her. Sure, she needed us, she was living in woods, alone, surviving on whatever she could find. She was nine months old, the vet later told me when I took her in for a check-up, still unsure I wanted to keep this undernourished mutt. We'd been on vacation in southwest Missouri, near the Arkansas border, in the middle of the woods. I was on the porch when I saw her trotting down the dirt road. A little brown dog. I whistled and she stopped to look at me from across the lawn. Then she continued on her way. Later that night, the family was watching a movie we'd brought (no cable service out there!) and suddenly this furry face popped up in the window, scaring my husband out of his seat. We fed her some people food and went to bed.  She was still there in the morning. We asked around and no one knew where she came from. We fed her some more and she stayed. The next day we went and bought some dog food, f...