Skip to main content

2018 reading list




All of the books I read in 2018
Favorites are in bold


January

1. Oath of Honor by Lynette Eason 
2. The Man He Never Was by James Rubart
3. The View from Rainshadow Bay by Colleen Coble
4. The Air I Breathe by Louie Giglio
5. All Things Bright and Strange by James Markert
6. The Wrecking by Christy Barritt (Kindle)
7. Hidden Currents by Christy Barritt (Kindle)

February

8. Why I Hate Green Beans by Lincee Ray
9. The Masterpiece by Francine Rivers
10. Flood Watch by Christy Barritt (Kindle)
11. Shadows of Hope by Georgiana Daniels 
12. Fatherless by Dr James Dobson & Kurt Bruner

March

13. Beneath the Surface by Lynn H. Blackburn 
14. Where the Fire Falls by Karen Barnett
15. If I Live by Terri Blackstock (Kindle)
16. Plain Threats by Alison Stone 
17. Murder in the Locked Library by Ellery Adams
18. Desperate Escape by Lisa Harris

April

19. Pelican Point by Irene Hannon
20. No Less Days by Amanda G. Stevens
21. Dangerous Waters by Christy Barrett (Kindle)
22. Royals by Rachel Hawkins 
23. Begin Again by Leeana Tankersley
24. A Dark History: Hollywood by Kieron Connolly
25. Things I Never Told You by Beth K. Vogt


May

26. the theory of happily ever after by Kristin Billerbeck
27. Adamant by Lisa Bevere
28. The Collected Poems of Emily Dickinson
29. The Solace of Water by Elizabeth Byler Younts 
30. Just Let Go by Courtney Walsh

June

31. The Love Letter by Rachel Hauck
32. Introvert Doodles by Maureen “Marzi” Wilson
33. Justice Betrayed by Patricia Bradley 
34. Send Down the Rain by Charles Martin
35. Becoming the Talbot Sisters by Rachel Linden
36. Where Hope Begins by Catherine West
37. Good Night, I Love You by Jene Ray Barranco

July


38. The Fashion Designer by Nancy Moser
39. Cottage by the Sea by Debbie Macomber
40. More than Meets the Eye by Karen Whitemeyer 
41. The Hope Jar by Wanda E. Brunstetter
42. Okayest Mom by Natalie Gwyn

August

43. Clean Sweep by Christy Barritt (Kindle)
44. Called to Protect by Lynette Eason
45. A Rumored Fortune by Joanna Davidson Politano
46. Freedom's Light by Colleen Coble
47. Fugitive at Large by Sandra Robbins
48. Indivisible by Travis Thrasher

September

49. Tell Her No Lies by Kelly Irvin
50. Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer (reread)
51. Defiant Joy by Stasi Eldredge 
52. Storm Surge by Christy Barritt (Kindle)
53. Perilous Riptide by Christy Bartitt (Kindle)
54. Deadly Undertow by Christy Barritt (Kindle)
55. When I Spoke in Tongues by Jessica Wilbanks (do not recommend)

October

56. Stratagem by Robin Caroll
57. Lethal Target by Janice Cantore
58. Lady of a Thousand Treasures by Sandra Byrd
59. Shadow of Suspicion by Christy Barritt 
60. Simple Joys by Candace Payne
61. Childless by Dr James Dobson & Kurt Bruner

November

62. Godless by Dr James Dobson & Kurt Bruner
63. Legacy of Mercy by Lynn Austin 
64. Who I Am With You by Robin Lee Hatcher
65. Royally in Trouble by Jenny B Jones (Kindle)
66. With This Pledge by Tamera Alexander


December 

67. The Whispered Word by Ellery Adams
68. Dead Sea Rising by Jerry B Jenkins
69. Finding Dorothy by Elizabeth Letts
70. The Princess Bride by William Goldman
71. Code of Valor by Lynette Eason
72. Can't Make This Stuff Up by Susanna B. Lewis 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Not A Blessing if you Had to Sin to Get it

Pretty strong words but also very true. I once heard a man say his girlfriend was, "A gift from God."  Except she wasn't because she was still married to someone else. Glenn wiggled in and turned her head and snatched her away from her husband and children. How dare he think God had anything to do with that. He doesn't work that way. If you want His blessings then you need to walk closely with Him. He will never bless sin. He can't. He is unable to. Sin is what separates us from God.  Glenn may think he is living a blessed life as he runs on emotions and feelings but nothing like this will prosper. In the end it will lead to destruction.  It already has. The family he destroyed will never be the same. 

Front Row Seat

  If you've been around me any length of time, you'll know I love having a front row seat when possible. Church. Concerts. Comedy shows. Auctions. I want to be front and center, where the action is, so I don't get distracted and miss something. I want to be part of the event and front is where it's at.  Lately I've had a front row seat to some things that I wish I could unsee. My mother's Alzheimer's diagnosis and the last year and a half of watching her slow and steady decline into a world of unknowns has taken a toll.  I tend to hold every emotion inside. Always have. I've learned -these past fifteen months or so- that this is bad for my health. Stress levels are impacting how I feel. Palpitations, and a diagnosis of "harmless" PACs, have left me trying to manage this stress. It's gotten easier but, I'll admit, I still have things shoved down inside. And then along came CDH. A diagnosis I'd not heard of before it was given to gran

Selling items on Craigslist and common scams

I'm selling a couple of things on Craigslist. I've done this a few times before and always, the first interested parties I hear from are scammers. This time in my listing I specified that I will not take money orders and asked that scammers not contact me. Here's the first interested party that I heard from: mr robins journeycristina@gmail.com Is it still available for sale... I replied: Yes it is. Here's the second contact from the first interested party. Note that the name of the sender and the email of the sender are different than the ones from the first contact: Clyde Wright fisherr.mattyy@gmail.com Hello, Thanks for the swift response, just to let you know that am okay with the condition and price of the item, am ready for its purchase and my form of payment will be by sending you Check via UPS next day delivery. I'll be responsible for the pick-up and the pick up money will be included in your payment to avoid delay and to enable pick up company to s