Skip to main content

2019 Favorite Things

I started doing a favorite things list a few years ago and when December 2019 came around I couldn't think of anything that I found amazing other than becoming a grandmother.
And visiting Idaho and Montana.

Honestly, it took a lot of thinking to come up with this list, which is why it's so late in being published.

Anyway, here are my favorites for 2019



The Original Maple Tea. Bliss. It's a subtle maple flavor in a smooth tea. I love a smooth tea. If you're a tea drinker you'll know what I mean. 
We found this when we visited the Prince of Wales Hotel in Canada. My husband took me there in August for tea. That was bliss too. I found this tea in the Princess Gift Shop. I savored all forty-eight teabags and panicked when I ran out. Then I got on eBay and had some sent to me. All is well again. 



The Brookstone Towel Warmer is something I never knew I needed. It's an indulgent luxury that I don't ever want to be without again. One of the best things I've ever found at an auction. Who doesn't want to wrap themselves in a warm towel after stepping out of the shower? 
Hint Water. I allow myself one bottle a day of this. It's unsweetened flavored water that comes in a bunch of fruit and herbal flavors. My favorites are pineapple, watermelon, and peppermint. In that order. I also adore the Hint with a Kick of caffeine. Because who doesn't want caffeinated water? The Apple Pear is wonderful when I have a migraine. It helps. 

My least favorite thing about 2019 was realizing my foot pain was plantar fasciitis. Yeah. That's fun. 
I'm rolling my eyes here.
It hurt to walk. Until I found The Healing Sole. These flip-flops are designed to help heal foot pain. And they really work. I've been wearing them pretty much non-stop since August. Yes, now even in January. 
And I've never worn flip-flops. 
But these. Total life saver.

I'm a sucker for flavored lip balm. Always have been. I was accused of eating lip balm in the 6th grade. I didn't eat it. I just liked to lick my lips. And then I'd apply more. And lick it off. Repeat.
About fifteen years ago I switched to all-natural lip balm because I figured it would be better for me. It's been hard to find some that taste good. A lot of them smell great but taste horrid. This stuff from Burt's Bees tastes fantastic. They have several different flavors, but the seasonal Chai Tea is my favorite.

Ask me to tell you the story about the Cucumber Mint one that I found. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Front Row Seat

  If you've been around me any length of time, you'll know I love having a front row seat when possible. Church. Concerts. Comedy shows. Auctions. I want to be front and center, where the action is, so I don't get distracted and miss something. I want to be part of the event and front is where it's at.  Lately I've had a front row seat to some things that I wish I could unsee. My mother's Alzheimer's diagnosis and the last year and a half of watching her slow and steady decline into a world of unknowns has taken a toll.  I tend to hold every emotion inside. Always have. I've learned -these past fifteen months or so- that this is bad for my health. Stress levels are impacting how I feel. Palpitations, and a diagnosis of "harmless" PACs, have left me trying to manage this stress. It's gotten easier but, I'll admit, I still have things shoved down inside. And then along came CDH. A diagnosis I'd not heard of before it was given to gran

It's Not A Blessing if you Had to Sin to Get it

Pretty strong words but also very true. I once heard a man say his girlfriend was, "A gift from God."  Except she wasn't because she was still married to someone else. Glenn wiggled in and turned her head and snatched her away from her husband and children. How dare he think God had anything to do with that. He doesn't work that way. If you want His blessings then you need to walk closely with Him. He will never bless sin. He can't. He is unable to. Sin is what separates us from God.  Glenn may think he is living a blessed life as he runs on emotions and feelings but nothing like this will prosper. In the end it will lead to destruction.  It already has. The family he destroyed will never be the same. 

Selling items on Craigslist and common scams

I'm selling a couple of things on Craigslist. I've done this a few times before and always, the first interested parties I hear from are scammers. This time in my listing I specified that I will not take money orders and asked that scammers not contact me. Here's the first interested party that I heard from: mr robins journeycristina@gmail.com Is it still available for sale... I replied: Yes it is. Here's the second contact from the first interested party. Note that the name of the sender and the email of the sender are different than the ones from the first contact: Clyde Wright fisherr.mattyy@gmail.com Hello, Thanks for the swift response, just to let you know that am okay with the condition and price of the item, am ready for its purchase and my form of payment will be by sending you Check via UPS next day delivery. I'll be responsible for the pick-up and the pick up money will be included in your payment to avoid delay and to enable pick up company to s