Skip to main content

2019 Favorite Things

I started doing a favorite things list a few years ago and when December 2019 came around I couldn't think of anything that I found amazing other than becoming a grandmother.
And visiting Idaho and Montana.

Honestly, it took a lot of thinking to come up with this list, which is why it's so late in being published.

Anyway, here are my favorites for 2019



The Original Maple Tea. Bliss. It's a subtle maple flavor in a smooth tea. I love a smooth tea. If you're a tea drinker you'll know what I mean. 
We found this when we visited the Prince of Wales Hotel in Canada. My husband took me there in August for tea. That was bliss too. I found this tea in the Princess Gift Shop. I savored all forty-eight teabags and panicked when I ran out. Then I got on eBay and had some sent to me. All is well again. 



The Brookstone Towel Warmer is something I never knew I needed. It's an indulgent luxury that I don't ever want to be without again. One of the best things I've ever found at an auction. Who doesn't want to wrap themselves in a warm towel after stepping out of the shower? 
Hint Water. I allow myself one bottle a day of this. It's unsweetened flavored water that comes in a bunch of fruit and herbal flavors. My favorites are pineapple, watermelon, and peppermint. In that order. I also adore the Hint with a Kick of caffeine. Because who doesn't want caffeinated water? The Apple Pear is wonderful when I have a migraine. It helps. 

My least favorite thing about 2019 was realizing my foot pain was plantar fasciitis. Yeah. That's fun. 
I'm rolling my eyes here.
It hurt to walk. Until I found The Healing Sole. These flip-flops are designed to help heal foot pain. And they really work. I've been wearing them pretty much non-stop since August. Yes, now even in January. 
And I've never worn flip-flops. 
But these. Total life saver.

I'm a sucker for flavored lip balm. Always have been. I was accused of eating lip balm in the 6th grade. I didn't eat it. I just liked to lick my lips. And then I'd apply more. And lick it off. Repeat.
About fifteen years ago I switched to all-natural lip balm because I figured it would be better for me. It's been hard to find some that taste good. A lot of them smell great but taste horrid. This stuff from Burt's Bees tastes fantastic. They have several different flavors, but the seasonal Chai Tea is my favorite.

Ask me to tell you the story about the Cucumber Mint one that I found. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Selling items on Craigslist and common scams

I'm selling a couple of things on Craigslist. I've done this a few times before and always, the first interested parties I hear from are scammers. This time in my listing I specified that I will not take money orders and asked that scammers not contact me. Here's the first interested party that I heard from: mr robins journeycristina@gmail.com Is it still available for sale... I replied: Yes it is. Here's the second contact from the first interested party. Note that the name of the sender and the email of the sender are different than the ones from the first contact: Clyde Wright fisherr.mattyy@gmail.com Hello, Thanks for the swift response, just to let you know that am okay with the condition and price of the item, am ready for its purchase and my form of payment will be by sending you Check via UPS next day delivery. I'll be responsible for the pick-up and the pick up money will be included in your payment to avoid delay and to enable pick up company to s...

The Tool Box

I can hear my husband clanging tools around in the garage. He's going through his twenty-four year collection and putting together a tool box for our twenty-two year old son.  Gulp. When did we become parents of an adult who is able to move out and live on his own? He's coming home tomorrow to collect the furniture he's chosen from our house and some other things. He's been gone for a few years but has always come home for summer and holidays. This time it's permanent. There won't be any more summers at home. I won't have to tiptoe around while he's still sleeping. I won't have to chase him out of the shower because he's been in there for a very long time. I won't have to buy Cooper cheese or boxes of Macaroni & Cheese anymore.  The tool box Wayne is putting together for him will last him many years. He'll hang pictures, tighten bolts, and fix small accidents with it. It'll stay by his side as he begins new chapters...

Sweet Zoey

 Zoey - August 10, 2020 When we found her I didn't realize I needed her. Sure, she needed us, she was living in woods, alone, surviving on whatever she could find. She was nine months old, the vet later told me when I took her in for a check-up, still unsure I wanted to keep this undernourished mutt. We'd been on vacation in southwest Missouri, near the Arkansas border, in the middle of the woods. I was on the porch when I saw her trotting down the dirt road. A little brown dog. I whistled and she stopped to look at me from across the lawn. Then she continued on her way. Later that night, the family was watching a movie we'd brought (no cable service out there!) and suddenly this furry face popped up in the window, scaring my husband out of his seat. We fed her some people food and went to bed.  She was still there in the morning. We asked around and no one knew where she came from. We fed her some more and she stayed. The next day we went and bought some dog food, f...